Ten Reasons To Read Your Bible This Year
Posted: Friday, January 1
1. Reading the Bible teaches us to imitate God.
Ephesians 5:1 // Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children.
2. Reading the Bible helps us discover our next step.
Psalm 119:105 // Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.
3. Reading the Bible keeps us from sin.
Psalm 119:11 // I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
4. Reading the Bible allows us to be certain of what God said.
John 17:17 // Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth.
5. Reading the Bible allows us to receive the desires of our heart.
John 15:7 // But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!
6. Reading the Bible helps us to be fruitful.
Psalm 1:2-3 // But they delight in the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do.
7. Reading the Bible purifies our minds.
Psalm 119:9 // How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word.
8. Reading the Bible fills us with hope.
Psalm 119:114 // You are my refuge and my shield; your word is my source of hope.
9. Reading the Bible equips us to fight against spiritual forces.
Ephesians 6:17 // Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.